Startup News – 23rd November 2017
Here are #StartupDidi’s main gossip for the day:
- Aashish Kamat has resigned as the chief executive officer of Swiss banking giant UBS’s India operations
- Online hotel booking startup MiStay raises seed funding
- FreshMenu has appointed former Snapdeal executive Pradeep Desai as chief business and technology officer.
- Bangalore-based TAO Automation Services Pvt. Ltd, which runs an eponymous machine learning startup, has raised seed funding from Mohandas Pai-backed early-stage venture capital firm 3one4 Capital and investor Arihant Patni
- Samsung Electronics would create an artificial intelligence (AI) research centre and strengthen an executive role to look for new business areas for all its three major business groups.
- Sequoia Capital has sold almost 1% stake in local search engine Justdial through an open market transaction, according to a BSE filing.
- Tencent Holdings ($523B) has surpassed Facebook ($522B) in market value
US-based stage-agnostic venture capital firm March Capital Partners is looking to close its next set of investments in India over the next few months
- After Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors, Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL) is entering to the Indian electric vehicles (EV) market.
5. Tiger Global is reportedly ready to sell its stake in Ola to SoftBank for $500M.
For more startup news and updates, click here.