Startup News – 22nd November 2017
Here are #StartupDidi’s main gossip for the day:
- AI-driven mobile crowdsourcing platform, Playment has raised $1.6M funding in its Pre-Series A round.
- Nuvepro, a managed cloud environment solutions provider, has raised $400K investment led by 1Crowd and its investor community.
Zone Startups/India (ZSI) Awards Five Indian Startups In North America
- Yuvraj Singh Backed Healthians Launches Its Services in Lucknow & Kanpur
- Menswear Private Label MR BUTTON Raises Pre-Series A Funding – goo.gl/tQ5iVQ
GOInternational Finland Calls Indian Series A Startups & SMEs For Smart City Bizhack India, An Opportunity For Startups And SMEs To Enter Indo-Finnish Market Entry Acceleration Programme, reported inc42.
- Epiq Capital has announced the first close of its $200M-$250M maiden tech startup fund to invest in tech startups.
- Kerala government would be extending financial support for startups in the state by two more years. Kerala-based startups will now be offered seven years of government backing from the current five years.
- Infibeam Incorporation Ltd, the first listed Indian e-commerce company, is looking to divest a minority stake and is in talks with Fairfax Financial Holdings for the same, reported ET.
- Promoters of textile firm Donear Industries have acquired OCM Woolen Mills for an undisclosed amount.
Self-drive rental startup Zoomcar in talks to raise $50m to fund expansion, reported DealStreetAsia.
- CleverTap partners Exotel to provide better SMS marketing solutions to customers
ShareChat, a social network for non-native English speaking emerging markets, has brought on board Sunil Kamath as its chief business officer.
- Facebook has launched startup and digital training hubs to help entrepreneurs start and scale up businesses besides imparting digital skills to jobseekers.
- BlackSoil Capital has invested around Rs 5 crore ($771,978) in three startups (GoBolt, WebEngage & Truweight) in the form of short-term working capital demand loans, reported VCCircle
For more startup news and highlights, click here.