Startup News – 30th November 2017
The startup world has no dearth when it comes to the new news! Read on to find out the headlines of today!
- French technology consultancy company Altran Technologies has signed a definitive agreement to acquire design and engineering services firm Aricent from a group of investors led by KKR, for a total enterprise value of $2 billion in an all-cash transaction.
- NITI Aayog is setting up a cell focused on offering financial support and mentorship to women entrepreneurs, reported ET.
- Authority of India (UIDAI) has ordered an investigation against Bharti Airtel for alleged violations of the Aadhaar Act and is threatening to slap a financial penalty for opening Airtel Payments Bank accounts of customers surreptitiously while carrying out Aadhaar verification of their mobile numbers, reported ET.
- Online lender KrazyBee is rapidly expanding its business in Tamil Nadu with an aim to solve unique needs of the student community.
- Online gaming company Rummy Passion Raises $3.75M from UK Listed Company.
- Arun Jaitley, Union Minister of Finance, formally inaugurated Paytm Payments Bank, marking a major milestone in the history of India’s financial services sector.
- All India Muslim Business & Startup Network Launched to Inspire Entrepreneurship among Muslim Entrepreneurs
- Amazon India to Empower Women Entrepreneurs with the Launch of ‘Amazon Saheli’
- Matrix Backed Lifestyle Brand Chumbak Raises Rs 85 Cr
- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar formally launched the Jai Kisaan App, a mobile solution from Adventz Group, a conglomerate of agriculture, engineering, and infrastructure, real estate, consumer durables and services companies – goo.gl/DbivKQ
- Election Commission and Facebook Launch Voter Registration Campaign for First Time Voters
- Droom – India’s Most Trusted Motorplace Announces Winners of B-Plan Competition: IIT Roorkee Wins Top Laurels
- TiE Global, U.S. Embassy, New Delhi and Consulates Partner to Empower Women Entrepreneurs by Launching AIRSWEEE 2.0
For more startup news and updates, click here.