Startup News – 27th November 2017
Here are #StartupDidi’s main gossip for the day:
- Flipkart founders Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal and three employees of the company have been booked for allegedly cheating a businessman of Rs 9.96 crore by not clearing the dues the company owed him towards 12,500 laptops he had supplied, reported TOI.
- Sachin Tendulkar-backed sports-based entertainment company Smaaash Raises Rs 25 Cr
- Silicon Valley-based VC firm Fenox Venture Capital is looking to expand its presence in Asia by launching special investment funds for two of the largest countries in the region–India and China, reported DealStreetAsia.
- State Bank of India has announced plans to launch an omni-digital platform called YONO (You Only Need One), a one-stop solution for all of the customer’s needs related to banking and lifestyle products/services.
- Quikr has recently floated a pilot in hyperlocal fulfilment domain on a very small scale in select areas of North Bengaluru.
- Uber is looking to step up investments in India, build out more India-specific and global innovations through its presence in the country, reported LiveMint.
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India(MeitY), in line with PM Narendra Modi’s Digital India initiative, has launched the egovernance mobile app UMANG – Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance.
- Private equity firm Everstone Group, through its platform Everlife, has acquired Malaysia’s Chemopharm Sdn Bhd, a provider of products and services to laboratory, research and medical facilities in South-East Asia.
- Zoomcar ties up with Mahindra Electric for e-vehicle in Hyderabad
8. Agri Tech Startup KrishiHub Raises Seed Funding from IIT Kanpur INVENT Accelerator and Villgro Innovation Fund
- My Awfis Launches Its Newest Premium Co-working Centre in BKC, Mumbai
Hyderabad based Serial entrepreneur Dr. Srinubabu has acquired Canada based scientific medical informatics Pulsus Group Inc, foraying into big scientific, medical informatics market worldwide for an undisclosed amount.
- He also announced PULSUS will expand in India with 2 new centers – Chennai and Gurgaon in next few months
IoT-driven transportation startup TempoGO has raised $250,000 (about Rs 1.6 crore)
For more startup news and updates, click here.