Startup News – 4th December 2017
The startup world has no dearth when it comes to the new news! Read on to find out the headlines of today!
- Rentickle, furniture rental startup, has raised $4M in a funding round led by Singapore-headquartered VC ThinKuvate and CX Partners Chairman Ajay Relan.
- Home rental startup NestAway has reportedly raised $50 million from UC-RNT Fund, a joint investment platform of Ratan Tata’s RNT Associates and the University of California, reported TOI.
- Noida-based mobile phone manufacturer Lava (Lava Mobiles) is raising $30 million from an affiliate of state-backed Chinese technology group Tsinghua Holdings, reported ET.
- Kerala Startup Mission is launching a two-year structured incubation programme for startups stitching together various government schemes available for them.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has announced a special fund for startups led by women so as to encourage them as entrepreneurs.
- Kishore Biyani, who recently unveiled plans to make Future Group Asia’s largest integrated consumer company, also aims for the logistics arm to be one of the world’s top 10 supply chain solutions providers.
- New York-headquartered collaborative workspace major WeWork’s India arm has picked up nearly 1.7 lakh sq ft office space on lease in two separate transactions in Mumbai’s Andheri and Vikhroli suburb, reported ET.
- Gaana.com, India’s favorite music app, announced that it has crossed 50 million monthly active users to become the first music streaming app to achieve this milestone.
- Paytm plans to invest up to $2.5 Billion to grow its nascent online shopping portal business within three to five years
- Ola has introduced yet another new mode of transportation for its users — Ola Pedal, a bicycle sharing service.
For more startup news and updates, click here.