StartUp News – 8th December 2017
The startup world has no dearth when it comes to the new news! Read on to find out the headlines of today!
- Vehicle management startup LocoNav has raised $3.42M (Rs 22 CR) Series A funding from Sequoia Capital India and angel investor, Prateek Sharma, reported Inc42.
- The/Nudge Foundation has received a grant worth $250,000 (Rs 1.6 crore) from The Rockefeller Foundation to expand its operations across India.
- Dairy supply chain startup MilkLane has raised Rs 27 crore ($4.2 million) in a round was led by Switzerland-based investment firm Pioneering Ventures, American dairy company Schreiber Foods and some ultra high net-worth families.
- Fast moving consumer goods major Emami Ltd is acquiring acquire 30 percent stake in Helios Lifestyle, which owns male grooming brand ‘The Man Company’, for an undisclosed amount.
- Ola has roped in PayU India co-founder Nitin Gupta as CEO of OlaMoney
Policybazaar in talks with bankers for a $1.5 billion IPO valuation
- Blacksoil’s NBFC arm, Blacksoil Capital, has invested Rs 15 crores in the US-focused online fashion retailer eShakti.com which is backed by IDG & IvyCap Ventures.
- German software giant SAP SE, which earlier this year launched a global $35 million fund to invest in tech startups, plans to increase its investments in 2018 and aims to close nearly twice the number of deals it signed in 2017.
- ICICI Bank has launched a digital service to allow customers to open a public provident fund (PPF) account online, eliminating the need for furnishing paper documents.
For more startup news and updates, click here.