Startup News – 3rd October 2017
Here is your daily dose of startup news for the day!
- Car repair and servicing startup Pitstop – Car Repair & Service has raised $1 Mn Series A funding from Blume Ventures and Singapore-based Goldbell Group.
- The Bangalore chapter of global angel network Keiretsu Forum has led a nearly $1 million (Rs 6.5 crore) seed round in aerospace and defence technology startup Aadyah Aerospace Pvt. Ltd.
- Engee Wellness, which runs a foot-only reflexology chain under the brand Thai Way Foot Spa & Reflexology, has raised an undisclosed amount in its pre-series A round from group of investors.
- Tata group‘s financial services arm Tata Capital has named banking veteran Rajiv Sabharwal as its next chief executive officer and managing director.
- Food delivery company Swiggy has appointed former Olam International executive Rahul Bothra as its first chief financial officer.
- IKEA has announced a deal to acquire on-demand help startup TaskRabbit as the world’s largest furniture retailer grabbed a seat in the online sharing economy.
- Airbnb enters restaurant reservation business, it has teamed up with Resy, which will be a minority shareholder in the new venture, to offer table reservations.
- Vasonomics, a leading VAS services player in Africa, has announced that it has made a strategic Investment in CreatioSoft, iGaming solutions provider based in India catering to various geographies.
- Qualcomm Incorporated today announced the top two winners (Tagbox Solutions, Steradian Semiconductors) from Cycle I of its Qualcomm Design in India Challenge II (QDIC II) who were awarded USD 75,000 each as the winners of the Challenge in Cycle I.
For more startup news and updates, click here.