Startup News – 2nd November 2017
The startup updates for the day:
- HDFC Bank has launched its first ever SmartUp Zone in Bengaluru. Read more.
- Google’s very first India cloud platform goes live in Mumbai! Read more.
- Info Edge India has posted a 7% increase in revenues to $34.7 mn in Q2 FY17-18 on the back of gains by Naukri, Jeevansaathi. Read more.
- PayTM Payments Bank has appointed ICICI Bank’s Sudhanshu Jain as CFO, who will be in charge of all financial and regulatory management functions at PayTM Payments Bank. Read more.
- MakeMyTrip Q2 net revenue surges on ibibo buy, losses expand. Read more.
- India made the highest ever jump in the Ease of Doing Business rankings – it has been ranked 100th by the World Bank. Read more.
- Snapdeal elevates digital marketing chief Mayank Jain as product head. Read more.
- Zomato is in talks to merge with rival Swiggy, as per reports. Read more.
- Bitcoin hit an all-time high of $6,475 on Wednesday. Read more.
- Zoomcar has appointed former Procter and Gamble exec as COO. Read more.
- On-demand B2B logistics startup ShadowFax will be acquiring Nuvo Ex assets. Read more
- Uber has launched services for senior citizens and disabled users. Read more
- Employees mint money as VC-backed logistics startup BlackBuck buys back shares. Read more
- ItzCash parent Ebix has acquired Sequoia-backed hybrid OTA Via.com. Read more.
For more startup news and updates, click here.