Startup News – 21st October 2017
The startup updates for the day:
- Vedanta Group’s founder and chairperson, Anil Agarwal is set to launch a $1B venture capital fund to invest in startups.
- Facebook to launch news subscription feature, it has signed up 10 news publishers including the Washington Post and The Economist to take part in a trial that gives its mobile app users access to a limited number of articles a month
- Lyft has raised $1 billion in fresh financing led by one of Alphabet’s CapitalG. The latest round boosts its valuation to $11 billion from $7.5 billion.
- Renewable energy firm Azure Power Global Ltd has raised close to Rs200 crore (approximately $30.5 million) in debt from Dutch development finance institution FMO, reported DealStreetAsia.
- Haryana government is setting up two entrepreneur centres in the state aims at facilitating growth by promoting entrepreneurship among the youth of the region.
- WhatsApp rolled out a new feature that allows you to share your location in real-time with family or friends.
- Amazon Studios says it has accepted the resignation of its top executive, Roy Price, following sexual harassment allegations made by a producer on the Amazon series “Man in the High Castle”, reported ETTech.
- Foxconn Technology Group and venture firm IDG Capital are seeking to raise a $1.5 billion fund to seed start-ups in automotive technologies from self-driving AI to battery development, reported LiveMint.
For more startup news and updates, click here.