Startup News – 1st November 2017
The startup updates for the day:
- Zone Startups has selected 15 women entrepreneurs for its second accelerator batch. Read more.
- Flipkart’s PhonePe has launched a POS device to ramp up in-store digital payments play. Read more.
- Online drugs marketplace NetMeds has raised $14 Mn from Tanncam, Sistema. Read more.
- ItzCash Parent Ebix has acquired Online Travel Portal Via.com, Eyes Expansion Across Southeast Asia. Read more.
- Hyperlocal delivery startup Shadowfax has acquired assets of PepperTap parent entity, NuvoEx Logistics. Read more.
- After Flipkart, logistics startup BlackBuck is rewarding employees with ESOP repurchase plan. Read more.
- Online grocery startup Bigbasket has raised $8.02 Mn funding to take on rival Grofers. Read more.
- Foodtech startup FreshMenu has opened its first offline outlet; is setting sight on 2x revenue growth in FY18. Read more.
- Snapdeal has initiated legal action against Quickdel Logistics; has sent a legal notice. Read more.
- Banks to soon bring their UPI-enabled digital payment apps under the umbrella of BHIM. Read more.
For more startup news and updates, click here.