Startup News – 17th October 2017
Startup news for the day:
- Ready-to-cook food brand Fingerlix, has raised $7 million (Rs 45 crore) in a Series B round of funding from Accel Partners and existing investor Zephyr Peacock India.
- Silicon Valley-based tech entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who sold his app monitoring company AppDynamics to IT giant Cisco for $3.7 billion early this year, is reportedly working on his second startup, Harness.io.
- With the aim to drive the Internet of Things (IoT)-based ecosystem in the country, the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) on Monday launched a first of its kind initiative called “IoT.IN” that will help startup entrepreneurs.
- The Seattle-based Amazon has infused another Rs 1,620 crore in Amazon Seller Services, which runs the e-commerce giant’s Indian marketplace, according to latest regulatory filings.
- Sankalp Semiconductor, a Hubli-based semiconductor design service company, has raised $5 million from Stakeboat Capital, reported DealStreetAsia.
- Temporary staffing company TEAMLEASE Services Ltd will acquire Evolve Technologies and Services Pvt Ltd through its wholly-owned subsidiary TeamLease Staffing Services Pvt. Ltd for Rs 36.68 crore ($5.66 million).
For more startup news and updates, click here.