Startup News – 17th November 2017
Startup updates for the day:
- Ed-tech startup Perspectico has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from SSCBS Innovation and Incubation Foundation.
- Eyewear retailer Lenskart.com, is in talks with investors to raise the series E round, reported VCCircle.
- Shopclues is reportedly in talks of a merger with Flipkart and Paytm.
- US-based software and ecommerce service firm Ebix Inc. is picking 50% in Kanoria Foundation’s IT services firm Vara Technologies.
- Hyderabad-based Viven Infomedia, which operates Kahaniya.com, an online storytelling platform in regional languages, has raised $200,000 (Rs 1.29 crore) in a seed funding round.
- Uber India has launched a host of new (basic) features including ‘request for a guest’, ‘call to ride’ and AI-enabled offline search facility for its users.
- Myntra has been aggressively scaling its network of kirana stores under the MENSA Network programme.
- Rajasthan government has announced its two-day mega event (2nd and 3rd Dec.) ‘Rajasthan Digifest’, including a 24-hour coding hackathon.
- The country’s largest cinema operator PVR Ltd, has acquire stake in US-based luxury restaurant and theatre company iPic Gold Class Entertainment LLC (iPic).
- Eurofins Scientific, a global leader in bio-analytical testing, has acquired Spectro Analytical Labs Limited, a Noida-based analytical product testing and inspection company.
For more startup news and updates, click here.