Startup News – 16th October 2017
Startup news for the day:
- Flipkart is in talks to buy a minority stake in ticketing platform BookMyShow
Online insurance aggregator RenewBuy has raised Rs 60 Cr funding from Amicus Capital
- Facebook has launched food ordering and delivery service for its users in the US.
4. Micro lending platform KrazyBee has raised $8 million in Series A equity and debt financing led by Xiaomi Technologies and Shunwei Capital
- Venture Catalysts incubated start-ups Orbo.ai, Flickstree, GenextStudents, and CoutLoot selected for Venture Gurukool and IGAIN China Investor Roadshow 2017
- Apple is looking to enter the booming digital payments space in India with Apple Pay.
- The India FinTech Awards 2017, an initiative of India Fintech Forum has selected 20 startups from seven countries (US, Israel, Portugal, Belgium, UK, Singapore, and India) to participate in the Demo Day.
- Indiatech.org, the think-tank and lobby group set up by internet companies like Flipkart and Ola, has roped in former Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer and economist Gyanendra Badgaiyan as the CEO of the organisation.
- Robosoft Technologies, a mobility solutions company, appointed former VP of Nihilent Technologies, Ravi Teja as its new CEO, while former CEO Rohith Bhat will continue on as the managing director.
For more startup news and updates, click here.