Startup News – 16th November 2017
Startup updates for the day:
- Flipkart is reportedly investing $50M in food tech startup Swiggy.
- Aavishkaar Venture Management Services (AVMS), the social venture arm of Aavishkaar-Intellecap Group, has made the first close of its newest impact investment fund at Rs. 620 Crore.
- The Indian Department of Post partners with MapmyIndia to launch a pilot project- eLocations aka eLoc – to digitally map the physical property addresses.
- Infibeam has reportedly received an in-principle nod from the RBI to launch B2B payment services.
- Delhi-based i2e1, a smart network layer platform has raised $3 Mn in Series A funding led by Omidyar Network.
- Portland, Oregon-based medical devices startup Hemex Health Inc. has raised over $600,000 (Rs 3.92 crore) from The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) global angel network, with the participation of TiE Mumbai’s network of angels.
- End-to-end property management startup Reniso has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding
- Gurgaon-based Josh Talks Pvt Ltd has received an undisclosed sum from angel investors
Hong Kong-based entrepreneur Rugmini Menon has invested an undisclosed amount in angel funding in Bangalore-based social healthcare firm ElderAid.
- South- and Southeast Asia-focused private equity (PE) firm Creador is planning to launch a new $500-600 million fund by 2018, reported BS.
- Paytm has partnered with ICICI Bank to launch an interest-free short-term digital credit product called ‘Paytm-ICICI Bank Postpaid’.
- Payments company Square said it has started allowing select customers to buy and sell bitcoins on its Cash app
- BBQ RIDE INDIA, a Bengaluru-based food-bike startup, is revving to make a start overseas after a year of domestic operation.
For more startup news and updates, click here.