Startup News – 15th October 2017
Startup news for the day:
- PolicyBazaar closes Rs 500 Cr funding round led by Wellington Management
Tea cafe chain Chaayos, run by Sunshine Teahouse Pvt. Ltd, has raised close to $2 million from its existing investor Tiger Global Management.
- Food and agribusiness sector-focused investor Rabo Equity Advisors is planning to raise around $400 million to step up its investments in India.
- Samsung Electronics has said its CEO and Vice Chairman Kwon Oh-hyun had decided to step down from management.
- New-generation micro-lending company Satya MicroCapital Ltd. has raised Rs 16 crore in equity financing from Dia Vikas Capital, a subsidiary of Opportunity International Australia.
- Mid-stage private equity firm Gaja Capital has led a Rs 96 crore round of funding in Visage Holdings and Finance, which owns and operates non-banking finance company (NBFC) Kinara Capital.
- Livspace, online home interiors and renovation platform, will invest Rs. 70 crore in its global designer partnership initiative. The company plans to invest across different segments, including onboarding & certifying freelance designers and studios, engagement programs, infrastructure & expansion across top metros to grow its network. goo.gl/nCS9yr
- Bharti Airtel Ltd, India’s largest mobile-phone operator, has agreed to acquire the consumer telecom business of the diversified Tata Group, the companies said in a joint statement.
- AJ Ventures & Investments, an early-stage Venture Capital arm, till date invested over Rs 40 crore in 14 Start-ups. Mr Anil Jain, Founder & CEO, AJ Ventures and Investments & Founder, Refex Group has been nurturing these start-ups and mentoring them towards the growth. goo.gl/YHseyf
- German carpooling app Wunder has forayed in India with a soft launch in three cities viz. New Delhi, Bengaluru, and Mumbai.
- After Divastri And Metronaut, Flipkart Launches Third Fashion Private Label Anmi to offer women shoppers a range of contemporary ethnic wear.
CastBox – Listen, Create & Share, has completed a $12.8 million funding round backed by the likes of IDG Capital and GSR Ventures – early investors in local giants Xiaomi and Didi Chuxing.
- Research and analytics firm Nielsen and retail technology provider SnapBizz have inked a strategic partnership under which the two will team up to develop new products and services for retailers and companies in the traditional trade space.
For more startup news and updates, click here.