Startup News – 14th November 2017
Startup updates for the day:
- EasyRewardz, an enterprise focused end to end customer engagement providing platform, has raised $2M in Series A funding, led by TransContinental Venture Fund, and existing angel investors Jitendra Gupta and Vinay Chatlani (MD and CEO Soch).
- Flipkart owned fashion subsidiaries Myntra and Jabong are now entering into the $400M (Rs 2750 Cr) Indian toys market.
- T-Hub Hyderabad, in collaboration with American tech conglomerate United Technologies Corporation (UTC), has selected five video analytics startups for the first cohort of its Smart City/Smart Building NanoAccelerator programme include IntelliVision, Duran Inc, Emza Visual Sense, Uncanny Vision Solutions Pvt. Ltd. and Cognitifai.
- Kamal Karanth A, former Managing Director at Kelly Services India and Malaysia along with Anil Kumar ET, former Managing Director of RGF India, have announced their new venture. Xpheno, a specialist staffing company, will address the growing demand for skilled talent in industries like IT, Life Sciences, Consumer Retail and Engineering Sectors in India.
- Hungry Foal secured a Pre – Series A Funding from GAIL (India) Limitedunder GAIL’s startup initiative ‘Pankh’.
- Fashion focused e-tailer Voonik has told 200 employees that the Bengaluru-based company won’t be able to pay them their salaries for the next three months as it undertakes massive cost-cutting measures, reported ET.
- StartupXseed Ventures LLP has on boarded Canbank Venture Capital Fund Limited (CVCFL) for an investment of 20 percent of the fund size.
fin-tech startup Active.Ai has raised $8.25 million (Rs 54 crore) in a Series A funding round co-led by Vertex Ventures, Creditease Holdings and Dream Incubator.
- Japan’s SoftBank Group Corp said on Tuesday it was considering investing in Uber Technologies Inc but there was no final agreement at this stage, reported VCCircle.
For more startup news and highlights, click here.