Startup News – 13th October 2017
Startup news for the day:
- PolicyBazaar closes Rs 500 Cr funding round led by Wellington Management
- Tea cafe chain Chaayos, run by Sunshine Teahouse Pvt. Ltd, has raised close to $2 million from its existing investor Tiger Global Management.
- Food and agribusiness sector-focused investor Rabo Equity Advisors is planning to raise around $400 million to step up its investments in India.
- Samsung Electronics has said its CEO and Vice Chairman Kwon Oh-hyun had decided to step down from management.
- New-generation micro-lending company Satya MicroCapital Ltd. has raised Rs 16 crore in equity financing from Dia Vikas Capital, a subsidiary of Opportunity International Australia.
- Mid-stage private equity firm Gaja Capital has led a Rs 96 crore round of funding in Visage Holdings and Finance, which owns and operates non-banking finance company (NBFC) Kinara Capital.
- Livspace, online home interiors and renovation platform, will invest Rs. 70 crore in its global designer partnership initiative. The company plans to invest across different segments, including onboarding & certifying freelance designers and studios, engagement programs, infrastructure & expansion across top metros to grow its network. goo.gl/nCS9yr
- Bharti Airtel Ltd, India’s largest mobile-phone operator, has agreed to acquire the consumer telecom business of the diversified Tata Group, the companies said in a joint statement.
- AJ Ventures & Investments, an early-stage Venture Capital arm, till date invested over Rs 40 crore in 14 Start-ups. Mr Anil Jain, Founder & CEO, AJ Ventures and Investments & Founder, Refex Group has been nurturing these start-ups and mentoring them towards the growth. goo.gl/YHseyf
- German carpooling app Wunder has forayed in India with a soft launch in three cities viz. New Delhi, Bengaluru, and Mumbai.
- After Divastri And Metronaut, Flipkart Launches Third Fashion Private Label Anmi to offer women shoppers a range of contemporary ethnic wear.
For more startup news and updates, click here.