Startup News – 12th October 2017
Startup news for the day:
- Hyderabad based medical transportation start-up, StanPlus has received a funding of $1.1 MILLION FUNDING LED BY KstartCAPITAL (Kalaari), INSEAD Angels Asia and others to augment operations, expansion and innovations
- Early stage venture firm Rainmaker Ventures has invested $750,000 (Rs.4.93cr) in Singapore headquartered Oplifi, a programmatic media firm. Singapore-headquartered Oplifi will work at strengthening its presence in India following this investment.
- Edtech startup UCLID EduLabs Pvt Ltd has raised Seed round of $235K from a bunch of US-based investors at a valuation of $1M, reported Inc42.
- US-based investment management company S-Squared Capital has committed an investment of Rs.20 crore in Vatsalya Dental, which runs a chain of hybrid dental clinics in Bengaluru.
- VC firm Equanimity Investments partners with Sanctum Wealth Management to raise Rs. 100 cr. The fund, till date, has raised about Rs. 60 crore, and counts Mark Mobius as one of its investors.
- Global auto ancillary major Precision Camshafts Limited (PCL) has acquired Nashik-based MEMCO Engineering for an undisclosed sum.
- Women’s ethnic wear brand Soch Apparels Pvt. Ltd is now looking at raising capital from private equity (PE) funds.
- After investing $460M funding in Ekart, Flipkart has now committed $500M to its group company, the UPI app PhonePe.
- Bangalore- and California-based Meesho, an online marketplace for resellers, has raised $3.44 million (Rs 22.4 crore) in a fresh round of funding, reported VCCircle.
- Bengaluru-based school finance company Thirumeni Finance Pvt. Ltd, which operates under the Varthana brand, has raised $3 million (Rs 20 crore) from Michael & Susan Dell Foundation.
- Google has quietly launched Google Domains, its Web domain registrar service, in India. The service is available in beta phase in the country, as reported by Labnol.org.
For more startup news and updates, click here.