Startup News – 10th October 2017
Startup news for the day:
- AI Startup ThirdWatch Raises Angel Funding from Indian Angel Network and IAN Fund
- Palo Alto and Bengaluru-based firm, GridRaster Inc. has raised $2 million in seed funding from a group of venture capital firms, including Exfinity Ventures, Lumia Capital, Pipeline Capital, NexStar Partners, Unshackled Ventures and Explorer Group.
- Condiments and sauce maker Veeba Food Services Pvt. Ltd, has raised a little over $6 million (Rs40 crore) in a series C round led by its existing investor Verlinvest, the Belgium-based investment holding company of Anheuser-Busch InBev founding families
- Paytm Mall reported a Rs13.63 crore loss on total sales of Rs7.35 crore in the year ended 31 March 2017, according to filings with the Registrar of Companies (RoC).
- Shell India has launched an accelerator programme named Shell E4 (energising and enabling energy entrepreneurs) for energy startups, the company said in a statement on Monday.
- Paynear is buying Singapore-based GoSwiff for around $100 million (Rs 650 crore) in a deal that will provide the Indian financial technology company a quick access to 20 new markets.
- Infosys shareholders have approved the appointment of Nandan Nilekani as Chairman and UB Pravin Rao as Managing Director.
- Flipkart has invested $460 Mn (INR 3000 Cr) in its logistics arm Ekart
- Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) is reportedly looking to join hands with Ford Motor Company to build a new electric sedan.
- Bajaj Finserv and digital-wallet provider Mobikwik are taking their partnership forward into fintech lending.
- Bangalore based eMudhra Limited, a certifying authority which issues digital signature certificates in India has launched an R&D centre for development of technology solutions and products based on the premise of Blockchain.
- TLabs Incubated MandiApp, Announces Its Official Launch. Incubated under TLABS for 6 months, this agri-tech startup also helps to create a private network for users enabling them to get notified for any events occurring in their private network.
- Zivame has appointed Mr. Sumeet Yadav as the Executive Chairman. Mr. Yadav will strengthen Zivame’s efforts in diversifying its portfolio and furthering growth by intensifying its omni channel presence.
For more startup news and updates, click here.