Startup News – 10th November 2017
Startup updates for the day:
- Alibaba has reportedly sought the approval of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) to acquire a stake in online grocery startup Bigbasket.
- Flipkart will soon launch its own smartphone, Billion Capture+ that will be available on Flipkart platform on November 15, 2017.
- Happily Unmarried Marketing Pvt. Ltd, which offers lifestyle products under the brands ‘Happily Unmarried’ and ‘Ustraa’, is raising fresh funding from Wipro Consumer Care.
- Hyderabad-based Heritage Foods Limited will acquire Mohali-based dairy products firm Vaman Milk Foods Pvt Ltd in an all-cash deal.
- Chinese online content platform Bytedance said on Friday it would buy popular lip-sync platform musical.ly, in a deal seen valued at up to $1 billion.
- Ahmedabad based digital trust and safety company Motif has been acquired by Nasdaq listed US based customer engagement solutions firm TeleTech Holdings for an undisclosed amount.
- Chinese electric vehicle startup Nio has raised more than $1 billion in its latest fundraising round, led by existing investor Tencent, valuing the firm at about $5 billion.
- Phonon Communications Acquires Gurgaon-based AI Chatbot Startup, Idelivr Chat.
- Adrenalin‘s chairman and CEO Krishna V Giri has resigned from the company to start his own AI-tech product company.
For more startup news and updates, click here.