Startup News – 10th August 2017
Here is your daily dose of startup news for the day!
- Gurgaon-based agritech startup Crofarm has raised Rs 5 crore in pre-Series A round from angel investors – Rajan Anandan, Google India MD, Jitendra Gupta, PayU India MD and US-based venture development firm Factor[e] Ventures among others. Read Here
- SoftBank Group is investing $1 billion in Florida-based sports e-commerce company, Fanatics at a valuation of $4.5 billion, according to sources familiar with the matter. Read Here
- Pine Labs, which runs the backend software and solutions for Point of Sale terminals (PoS) across the country, is expanding its operations in South East Asian market. Read More
- Online learning platform Unacademy today announced the appointment of Bhavin Turakhia, co-founder of Directi, on its Board as a Director. Read More
- To expand its logistics footprint in the country, Amazon India‘s logistics arm is set to get another Rs 400 crore infusion from the parent company, according to RoC filings made by the company. Read More
- To reach more users in India, Google is preparing to launch its personalised content service, Google Feed, as well as its smart speaker and assistant Google Home in the country.Read more
- Bengaluru-based digital milkman startup Doodhwala has raised an undisclosed amount of funding in its pre-series A round from investor Tom Varkey, a partner at Stonehill Capital, USA. Read More
- EM3 AgriServices, India’s leading private sector farm mechanization services company, has raised a $10 million Series B round from London-based Global Innovation Fund (GIF) and existing investor Aspada. Read more
- Belgium-headquartered WABCO Holdings, Inc. has acquired Bengaluru-based telematics startup Asset Trackr in a bid to expand its global fleet management solutions (FMS) business to India. Read More
- Private equity firm CX Partners is in advanced talks to acquire a majority stake in Chennai-based auto component maker Comstar Automotive Technologies (P) Ltd. for about Rs400-450 crore, two people with direct knowledge of the discussions said.Read More
For more startup news and updates, click here.