Startup News – 3rd November 2017
Startup updates for the day:
- Indian Tech Startup Funding Report Q3 2017 shows evidence of a funding vacuum despite an investment of $3.7 bn. Interestingly, $3 bn out of the $3.6 bn was siphoned off by just 4 tech startups. Read more.
- B2B, advanced-tech startups are leading the growth of the Indian Startup ecosystem as per the NASSCOM-Zinnov Report. Read more.
- Ixigo launches virtual travel currency for travel bookings. Read more.
- After Amazon hitting back at IndiaTech, now Uber India Head Amit Jain asserts Uber is as Indian as any local player. Read more.
- Drones soon to be used for e-commerce deliveries in India as per the Indian Aviation Ministry. Read more.
- One97 Communications, parent of Digital wallet PayTM, clocks $126 Mn in total revenue. Read more.
- Matrix Partners India backs agritech startup Globasco. Read more.
- Online travel portal MakeMyTrip posts net loss of $62.3mn for Q-2 2017-18 on account of increasing expenses. Read more.
- Hubli-based fresh produce startup Freshboxx has raised angel funding. Read more.
- Bitcoin soars past $7,000 to hit a new record. Read more.
- Alibaba Q2 revenue jumps 61%; profit doubles. Read more.
- AadhaarAPI.com has raised an angel funding from CIO Angel Network. Read more.
- DHL plans to introduce internet-connected trucks and emulate logistics start-up Rivigo’s driver relay model to improve customer experience and increase efficiency. Read more.
- Zoomcar India’s loss narrows to Rs100.4 crore in 2016-17. Read more.
For more startup news and updates, click here.