InstaOffice – Startup news of the day [Top 10] – 27th July
Here is your daily dose of startup news for the day!
- Snapdeal Board Approves Flipkart’s $900-$950M Takeover Offer. Read more here.
- The Government of India is reportedly looking to enter the online cab aggregator market, which is currently ruled by players like Uber and Ola. Read more.
- Telangana Government all ready to set up an early-stage investing vehicle T-Fund (Telangana Innovation Fund) in collaboration with T-Hub. Details here.
- Axis Bank set to acquire Freecharge from Snapdeal for up to $62m. Read more here.
- Hyperlocal online grocery delivery startup Grofers has received the final approval from the DIPP for food retail and the company will bring an additional capital of $40 Mn within the next few weeks to expand its business and grow the market. Read more here.
- Zoho’s new operating system, Zoho One, bundles all its 35+ apps, at just 1$ per user per day. Read more.
- Goldman Sachs is leading a Rs 160 crore financing round in the Gurgaon-based budget hotel brand FabHotels. Read more here.
- Chinese internet conglomerate Tencent is in advanced talks to invest in India’s largest ride hailing app Ola. Read more here.
- Private equity firm Peepul Capital LLC has invested again in Innovative Foods Ltd, which markets frozen food products under the Sumeru brand. Read more here.
- Gurgaon-based 1mg Technologies Pvt. Ltd, an operator of the online drug marketplace 1mg, has raised $15 million (Rs 96.7 crore) in a Series C round of funding from its existing investors. Read more here.
Check this space for your daily dose of startup news!