InstaOffice – Startup news of the day [Top 10] – 26th July
Here is your daily dose of startup news for the day!
- The edtech startup, Byju’s has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from China-based Tencent Holdings Limited. Read more here
- Naveen Surya, the Managing Director of ItzCash Card Ltd for nearly 12 years has put in his papers and, is reportedly planning to start his own venture. Read More here
- US-based e-commerce major Amazon.com Inc has infused Rs 1,381.6 crore ($214.6 million) into its Indian data services arm. Read more here
- U.S. retailer Michael Kors has agreed to buy luxury shoemaker Jimmy Choo for $1.2 billion. Read more here
- Japanese telecom and Internet conglomerate SoftBank Group Corp is considering investing in a venture capital fund of early-stage investment firm Kalaari Capital. Read more here
- Kumar Mangalam Birla, chairman of Idea Cellular and Vittorio Colao, chief executive, Vodafone Group in a joint statement Tuesday said they expect the merger between the two companies to be completed in 2018. Read more here
- ntegrated logistics solutions provider Sical Logistics Ltd said it will acquire Mumbai-based PNX Logistics Pvt. Ltd for Rs 10 crore (around $1.5 million) in an all-cash deal. Read more here
- Agnus Capital, the family office of promoters of pharma firm Strides Group, has upped its bet on Rishi Khiani’s startup accelerator Ant Farm by investing an undisclosed amount in incubatee firm Fork Media. Read more here
- Just a year after its biggest buyout ever—the takeover of the Indian cement portfolio of Lafarge for $1.4 billion, trumping bigger rivals Piramal and JSW—Nirma has set its eyes on Tronox Alkali for 2 Billion dollars. Read here
- App-based bus aggregator Shuttl has launched new safety features for its commuters, Shuttl SAFE (Secure Anxiety Free Experience).Read more here
Check this space for your daily dose of startup news!