InstaOffice – Startup news of the day [Top 10] – 25th July
Here is a quick round up of Startup News that are trending today!
- Global cash-and-carry wholesale chain Walmart India Pvt. Ltd has appointed former Future Consumer Ltd CEO Devendra Chawla as its Chief Operating Officer – media reports said, citing a person close to the development. More details here
- Uber rival Grab secures $2Bn from SoftBank & Didi Chuxing. Read more here.
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Limited has picked up almost 25% stake in Balaji Telefilms Limited (BTL). More here.
- PayTM elevates Kiran Vasireddy as COO of payments business. Read more here.
- Bengaluru-based staff communication platform Noticeboard has raised $1.2 Mn in a funding round led by Stellaris Venture Partners and other angel investors. More here.
- Microsoft may invest 50 – 100 Million in Ola cabs. Read more here.
- Amazon.com pitches $70-$80 million bid for FreeCharge. Read here
- Alibaba backed companies Paytm, AG Tech form Joint Venture for gaming. Read more here
- Cab-hailing giant Uber Technologies Inc has appointed former Chief Marketing Officer of furniture e-tailer Urban Ladder, Sanjay Gupta, as Head of Marketing in India. Details here
Check out this space to get your daily dose of startup news!