Startup News – 19th October 2017
The startup news for the day:
- BankBazaar.com has raised $30 million in a Series D round led by global credit rating agency Experian.
- Softbank Is planning To invest $1- $1.25B In Uber at A valuation Of $70B. Softbank will “very likely” finalise its investment deal with Uber by next week.
- Facebook has acquired ‘tbh’, an anonymous polling app for teenagers which has over 5 million downloads and 2.5 million daily active users in the US.
- Dr. Harshvardhan, Union Minister of Science & Technology has recently inaugurated Women Bio-tech Incubator in Chennai.
- Andhra Pradesh state government has launched ‘Designated Technology Park aka DTP Policy 2017-2020’ in Amravati with an aim to solve office space crunch for IT companies in the state.
- Promod Haque, senior managing partner at VC fund Norwest Venture Partners, has resigned from the board of directors of Nasdaq-listed Yatra Online Inc, which runs travel portal Yatra.com.
- BookMyShow, the online ticketing platform has inked a deal with Amazon.com to allow transactions on its platform using payments solution Amazon Pay. LiveMint yesterday also reported that Amazon’s key rival Flipkart was in talks to acquire a large minority stake in BookMyShow.
- Japanese conglomerate SoftBank is drawing up plans for a larger second fund, tech news website Recode reported.
For more startup news and updates, click here.